Tray Helper can show you few kinds of icons in your system tray. Some of them are important and it's good idea to know their meanings.
- this flashing icon means that you have a reminder(s) to read. Click on it to activate Tray Helper and REMINDER section. To stop this icon flashing you must dismiss all current and late reminders.
- this is the standard Tray Helper's icon. But if it flashes from time to time it means that you have some EVENTS today (but not any reminders). To stop this icon flashing just left click on it.
- this icon means that Tray Helper has paused ALL background activity. Read about tray menu below for more info.
- the colour of this icon means that TH detected NO CONNECTION to Internet. (If you want to enable checking for network presence you have to install Pinger plugin and enable proper option).
- if Tray Helper finds new mail during background email checking - this icon will be shown in system tray. Hovering mouse pointer for a while over this icon will show the number of found messages. Left click on this icon will take you to the EMAIL section of Tray Helper. Right click on this icon instructs Tray Helper to attempt to launch your email reader (if you defined any in the Configuration tab). If you haven't, why not do so now to make use of this function.
Now a few words about the tray menu.
If you right click on Tray Helper's icon () you will be able to see the menu like this:
This menu is pretty easy to understand but I want to point out a few things:
If you click on Pause ALL background activity the application will stop all actions taken in background like checking for emails, killing popup windows etc... Also all plugin activities will be paused.
This is recommended when you want to save CPU and memory of your PC for other more important tasks (eg. playing DivX movies).
Of course, you can resume background activity at any moment by using exactly the same method. To indicate that Tray Helper is doing nothing in the background its icon changes and now looks like this
If you click on Lock access to program and you have a defined password for the application - then the application will be locked and can only be restored by entering the password.
If you click on Start killing ALL new pop-ups - titles or sizes will be of no importance. Pop-up killer will record all windows currently open on your browser and will kill every new window (ignoring all filters or criteria). Handle with care! Remember that even in this mode you can temporary disable killer by holding down the key defined in ADDITIONAL SETTINGS of pop-up killer. This menu item is disabled if Old Popup Killer plugin is not active.