If you want to check Yahoo! mail account instead - read this page
Do you want to check your Hotmail account via Tray Helper ?
First you have to download one of those applications:
All of them does the same job - it's up to you with one you will use. In my oppinion it's worth trying Hotmail Popper
first since it's FREEWARE.
(Let me know
if one is in your opinion worth recommending).
After installing one of these applications you have to configure Tray Helper to use it.
First go to Tray Helper - select Configuration tab / Email checker settings: / Mail accounts
NOTE: Description below fits to Web2pop and Pop3hot. If you use Hotmail Popper you will have to enter different user name (in Advanced settings on Tray Helper's email account configuration). Please refer to Hotmail Popper's web page for more info how to configure it.
Fill new-account fields in that way:
- Check "Enable checking for emails".
- Check "Auto dload body of message as well."
- In field "Check for new messages every (seconds):" enter a proper value.
- In field "Your e-mail address" enter something data using this pattern: login_to_your_hotmail_account#hotmail.com@localhost
For example if your email account it's: firstname.lastname@example.org you have to enter irek#hotmail.com@localhost
- Please as a "POP3 server" enter "localhost" (without quotation-marks), if you use web2pop - leave SMTP server blank, if you use pop3hot - enter as a SMTP server "localhost".
- When ready click on "Add new email account".
It should looks like this:
Right now Tray Helper should be able to check your Hotmail account. But I recommend to visit: Configuration tab / Email checker settings: / More settings and increase "Time Out" value to 30 or more seconds.
If your hotmail account is in different domain for example in msn.com instead hotmail.com try such settings your_login#msn.com@localhost.